Website problems?

I received a 360fly 4k for christmas and would like to start using it properly and editing my videos but i don’t seem to be able to get on the website.
all the links and addresses (even those listed on the facebook page) give the following errors

shop360fly.com.au’s server IP address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Is this a known issue at the moment? i haven’t found anything about it online.

Thanks

Chris

Does no-one have any further information on this?

I have the camera now but if i cannot access the website or download the director software then it’s very little use to me. i don’t want to have to do everything on my phone.

if it’s just a website problem then fine, but if it’s a “website is down because the company is no longer supporting the device” i will be taking mine back to the store.

any information gratefully received.

Cheers

Have you tried https://www.360fly.com/Director ?

Hi DeanW

Thanks for the response, I have and get the exact same error. servers ip address could not be found.

is the link working for you? if so the problem is probably at my end or my isp’s DNS (but seems strange that the 360fly.com domain is the only one it cannot find) so far though it seems anything 360fly.com related cannot be found on the DNS.

Yes, no problems linking to the download site. There are options for MacOS X and Windows (360fly+Director+v0.10.4+Setup).

I downloaded the Windows version again to test and it installed without issues.

thanks Deanw

it must be something going on at my end then. i’ve tried using a public DNS server and different browsers and keep getting the same error…

ok after a few minutes testing i have found that anything 360fly dot com (or com dot au) such as the link you gave automatically redirects in multiple browsers to shop360fly dot com dot au. this site definitely doesn’t work.

to avoid the location redirect i used the tor browser with the link you provided. that worked fine so i could finally access the download. of course though, i have a Mac, so it just sent me to the mac app store so it turns out i could have gotten the app there easily.

either way the website seems confused. from the tor browser, if i hit the SHOP link it sends me to “https://www.360fly.com/shop/cameras” which clearly is not all the shop360fly dot com links i keep seeing.

but then pasting the same link you gave in my usual browser AGAIN redirects to shop360fly again which doesn’t work

it would be nice to hear from someone at 360fly on whether they can get the Australian store fixed so i don’t have to use the tor browser just to access the site.

Great that you’re able to get a workaround.

Otherwise I was going to offer to upload the file (30Mb) to a file sharing site.

yeah itis weird but at least i’ve got the software now.

thanks again

I get a strange result when I am on the 360 website and I click a link…it opens my app on my iPhone. It’s impossible for me to go to the support page and follow links. I also cannot go directly to 360flydotcom when I type that in my browser it opens my app. I have to use a zendesk link. Any ideas?

I contacted 360fly support directly by email on this problem that is only affecting
Australian residents. The OP is correct, the aussie domains do not exist anymore. 360fly said this was a deliberate decision as in this email response from support:

“Jan 23, 2:32 PM EST
Unfortunately due to the Australia branch shutting down is the reason why the URL keeps redirecting. There is no one to maintain it. That is a rather intelligent way to by pass the issue.”

I responded that it is the OPPOSITE of intelligent because the the url does the opposite of being useful. Anyone entering the 360fly.com url is instantly redirected to shop360fly.com.au which does not exist anymore, by their own decision and action. The only way around this is to spoof your geo-location using tor or a vpn or similar.

The sad reality is that after a week and a half 360fly support has still not made any response by email as to when they are going to stop barring aussie owners by removing the url redirect. We should be able to enter 360fly.com and not be instantly shunted off to a non-existent url. Intelligent? Supportive? I don’t think so :frowning::disappointed:

Gavin

1. Try to reach another website. If any other website does load normally, it means your Internet connection is working properly. If not, you know the problem is with the Internet connection and you need to contact your Internet service provider. Once you figure out the Internet connection is working properly, but you continue to have a problem reaching your website, do as follows:
    Clean Master Adam4adam

2. Try to visit your site’s hosting company’s website. Both your website and the host company website use the same server, and if the company website is not working, you will know it is a server problem. If you are able to visit the website, then the issue is with your own website or the domain name.

3. Try to visit your website from a different computer, tablet or phone. This is to make sure there isn’t something wrong with your ISP. If you can visit the website, then you need to contact your ISP. If not, the problem is still either with your site or the domain.

4. Try to ping your domain. To ping your website, click “Start,” “Programs,” “Accessories” and “Command Prompt.” Then type in the word ‘ping’, then a space and finally your domain name. You should receive a series of reply messages, including the bytes used, IP address information and other data. If you receive any of these - the website is working. However, if the website is not working you’ll receive a ‘timed out’ error message. Should this occur:

5. You need to perform a traceroute command. This identifies different ways your computer connects to the domain and should point out the problem. Return to the Command Prompt, type in the word ‘tracert’ then a space and your domain name. A series of 19 different lines appears, displaying information regarding the website. 1 is the Internet gateway; 2 is the ISP of the original computer the website connects to; 3 is the extra network; 4 is ‘Request Timed Out’; 5-9 are routers on a global gateway, depending on the country the website is based out of; 15-17 is the Net Access Corporation network in the area; 18 is the router on the network of the website, and 19 is the computer the website is hosted on. In the four lines of data there are three stars and the 'Request Timed Out" listed. If this information is displayed in any other line, then you know where the problem is. You can then find out if you need to contact one of the Net Access Corporation points or other network sites that have the request timed out.

If the ping and traceroute pointed to a fully functioning website, you have a few other options available. You need to open your Web design software and look up the connection information. This is called a few different things, depending on the software you are using, but it is where you type in your domain name, host information and other client identification data to properly connect and upload your updated website to the Internet. Look over this information and make sure it is correct. You might find the wrong domain is typed in or your host ID number does not match what the domain and host provider gave you. To double check this, log onto your domain provider’s and server’s website and log into your account. If anything is off make sure to correct it and update everything.

Selma,

Thanks for the thorough response, however, while the steps are useful for diagnosing connections problems, we’ve already ascertained that the 360fly.com.au website no longer exists.
the problem is that the .com version of the website does an automatic re-direct every time it detects a browser from Australia.
it’s a simple fix for 360fly to remove the location based re-direct. they just seem unwilling or unable to do so for some reason which is really starting to annoy those in Australia who purchased their product.

Can you upload the file?
I can’t get it & had no response from fly360 support. I got windows & got the fly 360 4k

Available for the next 30 days:
360fly+Director+v0.10.4+Setup

Thankyou,

When connecting to pc, will it detect the camera? I did have it connected by a extra long cord connected to the original cord (if that makes sense) but never picked up item (no file on it either)

Once again Thankyou :wink:

The pc should pick up the camera when connected.

Try connecting directly with the supplied cable. I’ve heard of problems when using third-party cables or extensions with other peripherals, could be the same issue here.

It often occurs that our customer has a website that takes a long time to load. To correct this problem, you need first find out what exactly is slowing your site down by using website speed testing tools. The first and most common cause of slow website response is server overload. This issue may also hide too many unnecessary images. Unlikely as it may seem, high resolution images are of little value. On the contrary, they can negatively influence the website load speed. This is a bit of a task, but you should find time to evaluate all the images on your website. Entrusting this task to the professionals of our team is the best option. They check if there are any of your images that should be compressed, deleted or updated, as well as solve server problems and ultimately improve the speed of your site.
Bluestacks Lucky Patcher