Custom Directories

Unless I’ve missed something, I can’t put the Director’s app in the drive of my choosing. It seems to only install on the C:Drive and even when I moved it elsewhere, the actual video continues to install onto the C:Drive, which is my solid state drive with limited space. We need to option to install elsewhere.

Following.

I am in a similar situation, the application can go in my primary disk, however the library must be located om my secondary “D:” drive

This needs implementing

Hey guys,

Go to the drive you want to use…create a folder and then rename it (whatever).360flyLibrary

double click on it and it should open up the 360fly Director application. This will be the location of your new Director library.

If the drive is not plugged in, it will revert back to your default library

Thanks for the tip, however this does not work for me. im using the 1.4 version of director. renaming a folder with .360flyLibrary and double clicing on it just opens the folder.

Dragdropping the folder onto the director shortcut does nothing either.

Is there any way to set the library to a different drive?

Disregard.

By having the app open and on the library page, i drag and dropped the renamed folder onto the app, and it asked me if i wanted to use this as new library. so now i think it works.

So now a new problem arises… When trying to import clips into the now new library. there is a message stating that the import will exceed drive space… however the clip is less then 100 megabytes, and there is plenty of space on all my drives.

is there a way around this or do i need to make a batch script to copy the files into the library location under a new name?

Will be watching this topic.

For me C: is a HDD where as D: is an internal SSD (which is recommended).

I’d love to see the normal “install destination” option during install, and the ability to easily change library location from within the app.

EDIT: On re-installing Director, I noticed the “Options” button this time.
This at least allows you to choose the install location of the program. :slight_smile:

to install your Library on a hard drive or other location, simply rename a folder to (XXXXX.360flyLibrary) XXXX=any name. The folder will change to the 360fly Director icon. Click on it, and that is where your videos will be stored. Good tip for lager files

When editing a clip in director the application states that the clips is X mb large, and i need x mb hard drive space to edit the file… i have over 600 gb available space on the library disk.
This is a problem. the custom directory have no special character in its name. its name is <360fly.360flyLibrary> without the <>…
You got a tip to correct this error?

I was able to create a working library on my internal SSD with no issues.

Is your other drive internal or a USB?

Maybe it has issues with USB drives?

The answer to the original post (which I’ve not seen answered yet, is when you first run the setup, click “Options” before you click “install”.

Under Options, you will find you can set the destination drive and folder.

This was using version 1.5.0 for Windows.

It is an internal hdd. as my primary is an ssd.

Ah ok.

Scrolling up, I note you’re using 1.4.0.
Have you tried upgrading to 1.5.0? I was able to use a D:\ library without issues using 1.5.0.

Ive upgraded to 1.5.0, it was then i got the problem.

The 360fly Director app allows you to have multiple Library files that can be used to save your videos. These files can be created on an external hard drive as well as the local PC drive. This allows you to organize your videos in different independent folders.

PC Instructions

Create a new folder in the location that you would like to store your 360fly Videos or Photos.

Rename the folder to any name you would like and add .360flyLibrary to the end of the name. Please make sure the name is in the exact case above and do not forget to capitalize the “L” in library.

The next step is linking your new Library. Open the 360fly Director Application and drag and drop the new Library file into the video gallery. You will be prompted to confirm that you want to use the new Library file. Click the checkmark to confirm.

That’s it! Your new library is linked. You will need to do step 3 anytime you want to view another Library file.

Instructions for MAC

Create a new folder in the location that you would like to store your 360fly Videos or Photos.

Rename the folder to any name you would like and add .360flyLibrary to the end of the name. Please make sure the name is in the exact case above and do not forget to capitalize the “L” in library.

You will be prompted to add a file with the .360flyLibrary extension. Click on “Add”.

After naming the file the folder icon will change to the 360fly logo indicating that you have created a new 360fly Library.

The next step is linking your new Library. Open the 360fly Director Application and drag and drop the new Library file into the video gallery. You will be prompted to confirm that you want to use the new Library file. Click the checkmark to confirm.

That’s it! Your new Library is linked. You will need to do step 5 anytime you want to view another Library file.

Hi did this get changed with the latest version? I can’t change the default folder option.

This is different with Director version 0.10.4 (the current version as of March 2018). You can read about moving/changing Director libraries in this FAQ - https://360fly.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013859528-Creating-a-New-Library