360Fly won't start, reset or work

Hi!
My 360fly isn’t really cooperating with me right now. When I try to start it it just shows some (4-5) purple flashes and won’t turn on. When i put it in the charger it flashes green as everything is normal but when the green light is solid and I try to start it the purple flashes return.
When I try to reset it through the reset button it flashes purple again but in a different pattern, but nothing else happens.

The factory reset wouldn’t work either thou I don’t get any vibration from it at all. Just the purple flashes.

Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this?

Some more info - It have been like this for a few days now. But this morning I got it to start, and it showed a full battery in the app. Then 5 minutes later it went back to the purple flash state again…

Would be lovely with some input :slight_smile:
Thanks!

Sorry to hear that, please email support@360fly.com they can get you taken care of real quick

What was the solution to this issue ? I am having a very similar issue

Same here. My 360fly is dead now. Just before I was able to view through my iPad but my 360fly couldn’t record and it was vibrating. I pressed reset button and it stopped and now nothing. No lights, no nothing, and this time the reset button does nothing. Seems dead. Help!

please email support@360fly.com they can get you taken care of real quick

Amanda took care of me, thanks.

I’m also having similar problems. It was fine then it suddenly isn’t charging. When I press the one push button it blinks a light purple and then turns off. I tried to re-set. Nothing. Did anyone get a solution? I am in Peru and I’m working and don’t have the convenience of going somewhere for repair. Help!

Carmen

I’ve a similar problem w/306flyHD, it doesn’t turn on and blue led flash doesn’t stop, stuck in boot loop :pensive:

Hi,
My 360Fly HD has stopped starting up and does not even flash green when I plug it into various USB chargers and cables that have worked fine.

I have emailed support explaining that I have tried to restart it and do a factory reset but neither have fixed my issue.

Could I please be given the next steps as this is under warranty and it seems to be dead.

Thanks

Did not hear back from support so I went back to JB Hi Fi to return it and got the 4k model. After using it over the weekend I turned it on after using a few times with no problems and now it is just flashing blue till the battery goes flat and it gets very hot. I have tried to do a factory reset but it just flashes yellow till the battery goes flat.

Will be going back to return it tomorrow. Unless I hear back from support I will probably get a Go Pro.

MAC
Here is an internal tool that we can use to correct the issue you are experiencing. You will need to follow the instructions step-by-step. We appreciate you taking the time to resolve this.

Step 1: Download the following zip file to your computer.

Step 2: Unzip the file to your desktop. Make sure you leave all the files on your desktop.

Step 3: Connect the power cradle to your Mac computer via the USB port.

Step 4: Place your charged 360fly 4K camera on the cradle. Your computer will not see the camera. Don’t worry – this is part of the process.

Step 5: Click on the file “DoThisFirst”

Step 6: Click on the file “Fly15Reset”

Step 7: Follow the onscreen instructions.

Once completed the device should boot up normally. You must now, immediately, connect the camera to your smartphone and update the firmware to version 2.1.4 - https://support.360fly.com/hc/en-us/articles/219368048-Upgrade-the-software-on-your-360fly-4K

Windows
Here is an internal tool that we can use to correct the issue you are experiencing. You will need to follow the instructions step-by-step. We appreciate you taking the time to resolve this. (Please note that, like the 360fly Director software, this process will not work on Vista or XP)

1. Download the following zip file to your computer.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fq4rfak47xt4444/AACxnrm7ktsBgXmRzoWNgemVa?dl=0

2. Unzip the file to your desktop. Make sure you leave all the files on your desktop. (You may need to right-click the folder and select “extract all”).

3. Connect the power cradle to the PC via the USB port. Your computer will not recognize the camera – this is fine – it’s part of the process.

4. Power on the 360fly and place it on the Cradle.

5. If you are prompted for a driver, point the driver to the new FLy15reset file and the Fly1.5_ADBDriver_installer. If you are not prompted for a driver, you will need to go into “Device Manager” in Windows, where you will see an asterisk by the “Android Device.” Click to add the driver and choose the directory included in the ZIP file. If you are not prompted for a diver, you can skip to step 7.

6. Restart your Windows machine to make sure the Driver is loaded.

7. Once restarted, click on the “DoThisFirst” file. This will run a small process.

8. Next click on the Fly15RestWin file and follow the prompt. it should take about 30 seconds to reset the camera.

Once completed the device should boot up normally. You must now, immediately, connect the camera to your smartphone and update the firmware to version 2.1.4 - https://support.360fly.com/hc/en-us/articles/219368048-Upgrade-the-software-on-your-360fly-4K

I’m having the same issue. But I contacted the support & because I bought it last April & don’t have my receipt they can’t help me. So in otherworlds I bought from a company who doesn’t care about the customer is how I feel about the situation. I guess I’m going to find another company who values their customers. I’m having had to learn how to fix drones, laptops & other types of electronics guess I’m going to tare into this one & attempt to make another type of battery source & if that fails use the camera or use the lens for something else…