360fly Facebook Live Streaming

Hello Community! Go Live With Facebook

With the latest upgrade to the 360fly mobile app you can now instantly live stream your 360fly video to Facebook. Let your friends and family join the fun and experience all the action as you live without boundaries.

How It Works

The 360fly Mobile application connects via WIFI to your 360fly camera to capture a live 360° video feed. This live video feed is then mixed with the live audio captured via the mobile phones microphone. The 360fly Mobile application converts the stream to the Facebook format to allow your friends and family to view a live 360° video stream instantly.

Requirements For Live Streaming:

• 360fly HD or 4K Camera: you can live stream at a resolution 1080 with the 360fly 4K camera. The 360fly HD camera will live stream at 720.

• 4G LTE Data Plan: Messaging and data rates charged by your wireless or internet service provider may apply as the live stream is transmitted over your mobile data network.

• Android or iPhone Compatible devices: The live stream requires a device with a high power processor and 4G LTE data. Android 5.0 or higher. iPhone 6 or higher.

Set Up

Step 1 - Download/update the most recent version of the 360fly desktop and mobile app (available on Android and iOS). This app is key to capturing your entire world in 360° 4K video. Just search 360fly in the App Store or Google Play and download it to your mobile device. Launch the app and follow the tutorial to set up your camera and build your 360fly profile. The app allows your mobile device to serve as your camera’s remote and viewfinder, giving you the power to edit and share videos across social media platforms.

Step 2 - Launch the 360fly Mobile application and connect to your 360fly Camera via WiFi to acquire alive stream.

Step 3 - When ready to go live press the “LIVE” button.

Step 4 - Choose the video resolution, camera orientation and which friends or pages you would like to live stream to.

Step 5 - Give it a description and tap the “GO LIVE” button.

Step 6 - That’s it! You’re live. To stop your live feed press the “STOP” button.

Please note: For some Android devices, you may need to change the bit-rate setting from auto to a fixed value for best performance.

Facebook Live Streaming 360fly
Facebook Live with 360Fly
Facebook Live Streaming 360fly

I am a beta tester. Is it possible to post live videos on a Facebook Page (for my company, as opposed to my personal Facebook).

I sent an email but I was unable to get the beta…

I just went back and it let me in.

:slight_smile:

Weeeeee!

Ok, it may have took a little while to go through. Let me know if you have any questions.

Good News! The Facebook Live Beta trial kicked off yesterday. Everyone who signed up should have received an email with instructions for installing the Beta application. Let me know if you did not get the email. Anyone else interested in joining click on the link below and complete the form.

Works like a champ!!! Major thanks

I signed up and the email said I’m in… now what? Other than wait for something out the blue to notify me.

You will get two emails. One will be from Test Flight with access to the App. you should get them in the next few minutes.

Hello! Any chance I could make it to te beta test. I have an event next week and would love to try out this feature.

It’s -fantastic-. I can’t wait for the ability to post to a page versus a personal page.

Thanks for all the feedback. Some of you live streamed some great stuff over the weekend and we appreciate all the feedback submitted. Wanted to give everyone an update that we got the feedback on sharing to pages and we hope to roll that in the next beta release. Stay tuned!

Really - really pleased-
Some notes:

1. When we “go live” - is it saving the video somewhere?
  • Example: When we live stream thru the phones it gives us the option to save the video and after the live stream we can default it to upload the HQ version after the live stream. Plus I don’t want to loose the video I just took. Also (understandably) the video isn’t as good on the stream as it is recorded.
  1. Can we have it not use the microphone on the PHONE? I’d rather it use the camera mic.

K why i cant figure this out is beyond me other than its gotta be interference. I can only get like 1:30 or so on a stream then stops and starts again. 360fly app im showing live the whole time!!! I have seen full length videos but what am i missing???

@EmergencyManagement. Your stream is saved on your FB timeline. Since the middle party is there, i dont think we are really using the 360fly app per se. Rather more a gateway to allow the content to be distributed to FB live

And i agree with the mic on the cam. Having a feeling just because its a beta trial. They left that feature out for now.

But anyone getting long stream times, lemmie kno what im missing.

Thanks in advance

We have significantly longer live streams. Hasn’t been an issue.
Also the problem is the Facebook Stream that is “saved” is on a third party social media platform. Not on my camera or computer, plus the resolution is understandably poorer then compared to my standard video. When I livestream from a phone, I can save it and upload the high res
Also one more thing - the “describe video” button is flaky. It won’t drop the keyboard back down when down

Just figured my problem. Had the 4 min video chapter still selected. Just did another testing distance and got over 2mins. User error. Lol. And yes FB is compressing the signal heavily but thats on them

And yes the app where we got our code from, to my thinking, is the receiver/sender since there has to be some protocol i would assume.

Oh you can save the video and bring into director and reupload??? Didnt try that!!!

And yea the describe boxes yes. I was like ummm well hit return. Lol. Still new to both parties so im sure FB will catch up soon since they are in bed with some others. Lol

Curiosity question. U mentioned saving when you live stream from phone. Is that an android feature??? I dont get that option

Also, thanks for the reply. Much appreciated

On the “Pages Manager” - it should say “LIVE” when open that ap. Right by Photo/video and Event.

I seem to have lost my “go live” option. Any ideas?

Hey Troy, sorry about the issue. Your phone most likely updated the 360fly app to the latest Android release that does not have it. We are working with Google to update the Beta System to allow the Live Stream Beta app to be downloaded again. As soon as I have an update that it is back up, I will let you know.